QUICK NEWS & UPDATES:
- If you applied for & had your fingerprints done to be a Tier 1 volunteer, please stop by the office & see Candy. We can look you up to see if your results have returned. You will need the results to get your ID done at the district office.
- If you are interested in being a Tier 2 volunteer (Megan’s Law verified; allowed to have supervised contact with students), please come to the office to sign the required paperwork to volunteer. See Candy or Kelli.
- Reflections entries are due tomorrow, October 11th.
- Tomorrow is the final day for the BoxTop Challenge. Please bring in any BoxTops that you have & give to your child’s teacher.
- Please do not make left turns out of the loop before 8:00am. It slows down the flow of traffic when everyone is dropping off their kids. Right turn only out of the school parking/loop please! Thank you!!
- The dismissal car line in the front of the school has GREATLY improved! Thank you all for the excellent effort in staying in your cars, loading toward the front of the office, & being ready to give your child’s name to call out. Great job! It’s moving much faster! :o)
WEDNESDAY ASSEMBLY RECAP:
- Due to the rainy day…we did announcements & flag salute over the intercom. Congratulations to the winners of the Pride Ticket drawing. They demonstrated excellent RESPECT, RESPONSIBILITY, & READINESS.
The winners were…
Bradyn S. – Fisher
Chloe – Globus
Josh S. – Globus
Andrew P. – Globus
Cole – Anderson
Harry – Emery
Izzy – Schuh
Trenton – Kovaleski
Teertha – Samoszuk
Anjali – Kovaleski
Bianca – Samoszuk
Ryan – Dembiec/Agyekum
Sydney – Ibrahimi
Julia – Duze
Rilan – Ibrahimi
Jessica – Platt
ATTENTION PARENTS WHO HAVE A CHILD WITH AN IEP: There will be a free parent training on Tuesday October 29, 2013 from 7:00pm – 8:30pm in the District Office Board Room at 33122 Valle Road, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. The presentation “How to Organize your Child’s IEP Binder” is hosted the Special Education Community Advisory Committee (CAC). All participants will receive a three-ring binder and instructions to guide them in maintaining their child’s special education records. Adults only please. For additional information regarding this training please contact the CAC at CapoCAC@gmail.com.
PLEASE WAIT TO BUY THOSE PUMPKINS......and come to Ladera's very own pumpkin patch on OCTOBER 19th at the fall festival (a partnership event with LARCS and LREF). Thanks to the sponsorship of the pumpkin patch by The Busy Bee learning Hive, every dollar will go into the grant fund for LREF. So not only will you get awesome pumpkins you won’t find at other patches (yes, the Wolf variety is back by popular demand....be the envy of the neighborhood with these impressive pumpkins!) but the money goes straight to supporting our students!! Spread the word!!!! See you Saturday Oct. 19th from 12-4. Special arrangements can be made for delivery.
ROOM PARENT MEETING ON OCTOBER 14th: Calling all Room Parents! Please mark your calendars for our annual Room Parent Meeting!
Please plan to have at least one Room Parent attend from each classroom to learn about all important responsibilities and events occurring this year. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Room Parent Coordinator, Melissa Smith @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 338-3295. Thank you and see you there!
Date: Monday, October 14th (*please note date change)
Time: 8:15am and 9:30am (please plan to attend one session)
MONSTER MASH: Save the date for the 1st Annual LRES Monster Mash!! LRES families are invited to wear costumes, and come dance, eat and celebrate at our Fall Family Fun Night! Please don’t bring costume props. Thank you for being mindful of the type of costume that is worn: nothing overly scary or that is best suited for adult audiences. Chik-Fil-A will be there for you to purchase dinner. No tickets are required. Date: Wednesday, October 30th, 5:30-7:30 pm.
PTA MEMBER PERKS: We know you join PTA to support your children and their school. But did you know that membership pays off in other ways as well? These extra perks are available exclusively to PTA Members. Take advantage of discounts from LEGOLAND, Staples, T-Mobile and Enterprise & Hertz Rental Car companies to name a few. PTA Membership is $12.50 per person, and we encourage both parents to join. Go to www.capta.org for more information, or contact Membership chair Janine Schunk at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Be a Voice. Support your School. Get Connected. Be a Role Model. Please join the PTA!
REMINDER: REFLECTIONS ART CONTEST “Believe, Dream, Inspire” ENDS TOMORROW: Reminder – all Reflections entries are due THIS Friday, October 11th. If you have any questions, please contact Karen McDonough: firstname.lastname@example.org
LRES BOX TOP CHALLENGE ENDS TOMORROW, OCTOBER 11th: All Box Tops are due this Friday. Please tape them to the form or simply collect them in plastic bags. Please write the total number collected along with your child’s full name, teacher and grade level. (This helps us bundle them into groups of 50 and keep track for individual and class prizes.) Please email Hope Hokama at email@example.com with any questions.